Search!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sun Conure

Could you imagine owning a beautiful, colorful bird? One that can be trained easily, speak, and is SUPER playful? Yeah, I know, it'd be absolutely amazing! I have found this bird, a sun conure, located at a certain store (that I'm not going to tell anyone!) that I have absolutely fell in love with! He is so gorgeous and I have named him Echo. I visit him so much that he even knows who I am! The only problem is is that Echo costs a lot of money. A LOT. Echo alone is six hundred dollars and the cage is about three hundred dollars. Once you put those two, the food, the toys, and other accessories, Echo would cost about one thousand dollars! But I absolutely love Echo and will save up as quick as I can to get this adorable bird.

So here is some information on Sun Conures:
Sun Conures typically live for 25-30 years if they are treated properly. The area that I am aware that they come from is Brazil. Sun Conures are super playful and extremely loud. If they feel neglected, they'll let you know. They are very colorful, usually not maturing until they are around a year old (that's when they get the colorful feathers). They are very messy and like to eat fresh fruit everyday. Sun Conures are a type of parrot, so, yes, they are able to be trained to speak some words. They are also very messy, but can also be potty trained! They are awesome at learing tricks and, if taught, can whistle to certain songs! The size of Sun Conures is 10-15 inches in length. They also have to be given baths 2-3 times a week, which can end up being a lot.


I'm sure if you Googled Sun Conures, you could find out a lot more about them if you are interested. They are absolutely amazing birds. I can't wait to bring mine home.

1 comment:

  1. It's adorable, Morgan! Just watch the language you (or more of your brothers lol) teach it ;)

    ReplyDelete