Search!

Friday, September 3, 2010

My Summer 2010

A Basic Summer-

For most of the summer, I did many basic things you would expect a teenager to do. I went swimming constantly, since I have a pool, and slept tons! I also spent a lot of time with my family and with some of my friends.

This part of my summer was extremely boring for most of the summer until we finally got into July and August.




Tennessee-

I spent three days in a very busy town in Tennessee with my dad and my sister Samantha. On the main road there were so many events that you could take place in that it was overwhelming! They had bungee jumping, white water rafting, go karts, and many more. We spent a lot of time at the go karts.

While on this main road, you could see the outline of the mountains. That’s where our cabin was. We were extremely high on the mountain and the drive up was crazy! There were steep hills. The view from our cabin was absolutely amazing. We could even see cabins below us! The place was absolutely beautiful.

We also attended the Dixie Stampede. It was amazing to see the tricks that the horses and people could do. The food was also amazing and it was a wonderful experience.




Horseback Riding-

For the last two days of my summer, I went horseback riding with Samantha and my dad in Hocking Hills. The place was called Smoke Rise. They let the horses run around freely on the large property that they own instead of sticking them in barns. I like that the most.

The horses were well trained and very loveable. The first horse I road was Pickle. He had issues with other horses getting into his “personal bubble”. Sam had Fred and my dad had Vern.

The trails were beautiful and they had many animals out there. It was very enjoyable and I would love to go again or maybe even get a horse in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment